Friday, December 19, 2008

More Shoes in Ceramics

Hey, my name is Camille Wilkins. I'm a sophomore and am in Mrs. Cauble's 1st period Ceramics class. Our assignment was to create a shoe out of clay. I started looking up pictures of shoes on the internet and I decided to make a replica of a Classic Adidas shoe. I am very satisfied with the way it came out because I was afraid that all the details I added wouldn't show. It took me about a week and a half to make this because I wanted to make sure I that didn't miss any details. I think the hardest part of making this shoe was painting it because there were so many small creases and that made it difficult to stay inside of the lines. We have had many great assignments to work on in Ceramics class, but I think that this was one of my favorites.

2 comments:

Chloe Carter said...

Woah!
That is an AMAZING piece of ART!! You know, to others that think that is easy...its not as easy as it looks. I once made a piggy bank and painted it. It was hard enough to stay in the lines with that ROUND object. But her SHOE!! No wonder it took her more than a week. It must be soooo teteeous (sorry, my spelling is off today) to paint, let alone make it! =) But it sure paid off! Great, Great, GREAT JOB!!! :)
Love, Chloe
Mauldin High Student

Anonymous said...

So cool! While I know you spent many hours doing this, you've made it look so incredibly easy. I don't think I could even get one shoelace right, much less the entire shoe! Even the toe box looks just like the old adidas shoe. Orange is a vibrant choice as well and was a wise choice to gain the attention from viewers you deserve.

ajenkins