Friday, December 5, 2008

Using the Inkle Loom in Art 2

Hello! My name is Tiana Caple. I'm in the 11th grade, and I'm in Mr. Davis's Art 2 class. We just finished a new project using the Inkle Loom. First we learned to wrap the thread we wanted to use as the warp around the machine. The warp is another word for the color of the strings you've chosen. After that that you weave the string together which is called the weft. That's definitely the easiest part. The hardest part is the warping, because you have to be very careful to do it exactly right. The picture at the bottom is the piece that i made. I think it turned out really good. It didn't take me long to do it. I used pink, purple, and blue. The weft is white. I think this is easier than painting, and much more fun. It's fun, and not that complicated.

2 comments:

Banquo said...

Cool a scarf =) I hope we get to learn how to make them in Art 3 next semester, I would really love to make a Red, black and gray one, but this one is very well crafted and very well coordinated good job =)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Job! The colors are very preppy and will work well in the spring!

ajenkins