Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Illuminated Personal Manuscripts in Art 2

Hi, my name is Brandon Andrews and I'm a junior at Woodmont High School. This is my second year being in art and I enjoy every minute of it. When I get to school everyday, I can't wait to get to my fourth block class with Mr. Davis. Creating art for me is a way to forget everything around me and focus on what I'm creating or drawing. When I first started this piece I had no clue what I was going to do. It was my first illuminated personal manuscript. Mr. Davis gave us some examples and from there it just "clicked" and i knew what to do. My favorite part of this piece is definitely the clock that shows 3:30. (That's the time we get out of school.) I also like the drama masks and how i used the different colors on the masks and how they project out into the sky. A lot of the object in here are stuff that I do daily, such as playing the guitar and the piano. I absolutely love music. I have to have music while I'm doing my art. I kind of helps me get to "that other world" where it's just you, the music, and what ever your working on. Another idea that i had was to draw a music staff coming out of my trumpet and the keyboard and wrapping around the entire page. It took me about a minimum of seven hours to do, but I really enjoyed working on it everyday. I hope that I will have more chances to create more pieces like this one.

2 comments:

Suzan C. said...

I love this one Brandon! The way you've incorporated all your personal symbols really tells a lot about you. Every time I look a this piece I see something new. You probably should add a potter's wheel since you are getting good at throwing! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brandon!!
I love your manuscript. its like your lookin into your mind, like all the things you think about. if that's what u intended on doing, it worked. and the border makes it look like your actually being pulled into the twisted mind of Brandon Andrews....kewl...peace