Monday, November 24, 2008

Art 1 Visual Journals

Aloha, my name is Raquel M. Galios. I'm from Mr. Ragland's Art 1 class, 4th block. It's my first year of art and second year here at Woodmont. I'm from Hawaii, so naturally my work is going to be different. I love working with bold colors and dark outlines, so my work sticks out. Mr. Ragland has supported me in everything I've created, and made me feel like I can do anything. He is an amazing teacher, and major inspiration to my work. If not for this class, I don't think I would have explored this part of my life. I am also in his Drama 1, so most of my drawings were inspired from both classes. Soon I will have work reflecting designs on a Drama 1 project of Alice in Wonderland, both for the set and the costumes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh!
I have always loved what you could do. :)
I always feel so jealous of it too...
Just because I am not that good at it... That I feel.
But yeah.
I love the colors!

<3
*Tiffany*

Anonymous said...

The bold colors you use make the picture stand out a lot. The next thing I notice after the bold colors is the picture as a whole. Kinda like your looking at two different pictures, the first thing you notice is the color since it automatically pops out at you then you see the picture as a whole. From looking at the pictures it kinda reminds me of anime/cartoon. I find it interesting how you made such bold colors complement each other so well without making the persons eyes looking at the picture hurt. I really enjoyed your work. Keep up the good job!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors and creativity (and skill) these journals involve. They are complex, simple, and thought inducing all at once. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Joana from your LawEd class...when i went to the website, the first thing i noticed was the bright colors in your pictures. I am a fan of bold colors, the brighter the better. So awesome job and i hope to see more :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! These pictures are fabulous! I can totally see you designing costumes as your profession! Pop culture is so hip and fun to work with. You make this look easy when in actuality it is sooooo difficult!

Please continue molding your artisitic talent!

ajenkins

Anonymous said...

Raquel - you certainly are talented! I think the pictures acurately reflect your personality. It takes a bold personality - and I mean that in a complimentary way, of course - to wear a flower behind her ear every day! (You wouldn't be the same without it.) Your unique perspective in art and in life make you a fabulous addition to the fabric of Woodmont!