Tuesday, March 24, 2009

This is ALL me!

























This is ALL me :) I'm Olga Kuzmik from Mr.Raglands Art 3 class. The painting to the left is the first piece I've done this semester. Not only that, but it's the first watercolor painting I've ever done. Originally it was only supposed to have the sun, the flowing design at the bottom and the girl but i couldn't stop myself once i started.The girl was supposed to be sitting facing the sun to show communication , since my theme is: "Isolation is the part of the human experience." After I started, I changed my whole idea and outlook on how I wanted it to be. The background has a variety of things "hidden," like a peacock, which is a constant thing I draw/sketch/paint every week for my visual journals. There is also a Russian church top in the background showing my heritage and something I'm proud of. If I was to do this painting over I'd fix things, change things etc. The mistakes that I DID have and fixed include when i dropped my paintbrush full of yellow paint and it rolled down my paper...I ended up having a big streak of yellow, to fix it I took a cotton ball dabbed it in painted throughout the background, problem solved! I had fun with this painting and I hope it shows :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOOOVE this! How big is it? I want a copy to frame and give to my daughter to hang in her dorm!

Gregg said...

Olga, this is a beautiful piece!
Your technical skill with watercolors always impresses me. It's a tough medium to master, and you've come a long way at such a young age. I'm really looking forward to seeing your work in the future.

Anonymous said...

i honestly don't like it...i like what i pictured in my head better then what actually came out. yeah i had fun doing it but thats only because i was trying something new.i see all the mistakes i made and everything that needs to be either fixed or redone altogether and i just turn around and walk to other way so i dont get frustrated. this painting just irritates me.the end.

donna norman said...

Olga, this is just too cool. Of course, I'm a little jealous of all artists as I am completely lacking in any artistic abilities!

Mr. Ragland said...

Olga, you sound like an artist. It's good to maintain high personal standards, but try not to be too hard on yourself. The best thing to do is make the next one even better! You're doing great in class. Keep it up!