Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Art 1 Linocut Prints


My name is Tymesha Walker. I am a junior in Mr. Ragland's Art 1 class. My linocut print was called "Deer Forest". When I first started the linoleum project, I really didn't want to do it because I thought it was too hard and boring. After seeing how good my first print looked, my whole attitude changed. I picked the colors dark yellow, red, and violet because I thought they were a great combination together and good for my picture too. I had to use hatching, cross-hatching, and stippling throughout my work in order to get different values and make it "the bomb". After awhile I start enjoying working with the linocut. My goals were to make my picture the best it could be and make my three colors look good together. I would love to work with this material again. I really enjoyed this experience!

1 comment:

Gregg said...

This is one of the best linocuts I've ever seen from a high school student. Impressive!