Monday, February 9, 2009

Time Explosion in IB Art

Hi, my name is Masha Harley. I'm in Mrs. Cauble's IB Art class. I started this painting when I was sitting at home being bored, but I never got to finish it. So I brought it into class, and Mrs. Cauble and I came up with few ideas. She suggested that I smear embossing powder on the painting and heat it with a heat gun. I thought it was a good idea - I tried it and it looks good. This painting doesn't really represent anything in particular, but time is definitely important to everybody and most people need more time. The powder expresses like an explosion of time, where everybody gets more time. The numbers in the background represent more images of time, and just give the painting more interest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very interested in your piece of artwork. Would you consider putting a price on this marvelous piece?

I absolutely love this piece! Great job!

ajenkins