Wednesday, November 5, 2008

IB Art Hors d'Oeuvres

My name is Chelsea Marqueda. I am a sophomore in IB Art. Art has always been my obsession. Only recently have I discovered what type of style I really like. Tim Burton is my hero. I really loved how he worked with ink and watercolor to create his characters in his movies. Gris Grimly is another artist I discovered. I am really fond of both of their artwork. I like the Pop surrealism and expressionist kind of feel, which both work quite nicely in. This is one of my first art pieces where I have used these styles painting. I adore IB Art because it allows you to discover what qualities make you unique, you have to embrace yourself to really create a working piece. This was my second studio of the year - expect the runny splatters to be reoccurring. I have trouble with technical, precise types of drawing. Over time skill can be learned; realistic things can be found any day. I really love using the paint to create a new kind of life. I like odd surreal situations that make you feel slightly uncomfortable. These type paintings require a little more thought and imagination.

3 comments:

Mr. Ragland said...

Way to go, Chelsea! I'm proud of your artistic maturity. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Looks like something that would be in Juxtapose. Nice use of color with the imagery.

Unknown said...

Chelsea, I'm always amazed at how creative you can be. Great work, as always.

Mr. T