Monday, November 10, 2008

Grid Self-Portraits in Art 2


Hola, my name is Joana Fuller. I'm in Art 2 with Mr. Davis. When we did this assignment, we had to take pictures in front of a lamp. I was trying to make my expression the saddest it could possibly be (if you know me, then you know that it is VERY hard for me to NOT smile). It turned out pretty good, but when I found out that we were supposed to use those pictures for our self-portraits, I freaked. I did grid drawings last year in Art 1 and it was very hard. While doing the portrait, I had to keep asking Mr. Davis, "Does this look right?" "Did I do this right?" And because of this assignment, I was given the name Negative Girl (thank you Mr. Davis). When I finally finished my portrait, I seriously didn't like it. I even offered to trade pictures with my buddy Ainsley. But in order for us to do that, we would have to trade faces... not a pretty picture....so yeah, I enjoyed doing this assignment because it helped me figure out that I'm actually good at some form of art. I plan on keeping this portrait to look back on all the good times I had in Art 2 with my awesome, wonderful art teacher Mr. Davis and our super huge art class...(sarcasm) :) I also plan on showing it to my future family. Maybe I'll include it in my will.....hmmm....

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Incredible! A wonderful piece! Max Matheson

Anonymous said...

Well, Miss Negative Girl, you have some kind of talent! The shading is what I like most. Speaking from experience shading is also very difficult.

I know how you feel about Mr. Davis. We are so fortunate to have him, because not only is he a wonderful talented teacher but also a kind honest man that is trying to get you to except that your opinion and decisions with your art are right on the money! Believe in yourself, because we sure do!

ajenkins

daryaaaaaaa! said...

This is pretty good for an Art 2 kiddie. :D

daryaaaaaaa! said...

This is pretty good for an Art 2 kiddie. :D

daryaaaaaaa! said...

OMG I commented like 9389402 times. My bad.

Anonymous said...

The projects that challenge you the most, typically end up being your best. What a remarkable work. I look forward to seeing more from you.

Unknown said...

Its beautiful! But you don't look sad at all---mischeivous maybe---but you need to work on that sad face---haha!

Anonymous said...

What do you think about hanging this in the guidance area so that all of our folks can enjoy it?

ajenkins

Anonymous said...

That was a nice to see a nice picture of an old friend. Nice Jo Jo. This is your "grandma" Kierra K. Redmond. love ya.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this picture and I knew you could do it, because you are my daughter. Keep up the great work and remember, there isn't any you can't accomplish. As long as you try. Reach for the stars. Love you Dad