Monday, November 3, 2008

Realistic Landscapes in IB Art

Hello, I'm James, a student in Mrs. Cauble's IB Art class. Currently I am trying to work toward the more realistic side of art. I really like drawing and painting landscapes. Most of my previous studios were landscapes, but they were not nearly as successful as this one. I made this all out of pencil - I used an ebony, 4b, 2b and an h pencil. Starting out, I did not really like it. I was having trouble with the roof of the barn. Once I started shading everything, that problem was solved - but I discovered that the white in the background (the area around and between the trees) was taking away from the snow-covered roof and the snow in the front of the barn. Also, I had to draw a line around the roof so you could see it. After I decided to shade the background a little, the snow really brightened up and I could remove the line. I really like working in pencil and hope to do many more studios with them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my new favorite picture. I love its serene simplicity. Just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

James
You did a great job, keep up the good work.
Vicki

Anonymous said...

James I totally know what barn this is.....because its mine. Good job, keep it up