Friday, November 14, 2008

Parodies of "The Scream" in Art 2

Hello, My name's Tabatha Neese. I'm in Mr. Davis's Art 2 class for third period. This had to be my favorite project so far. It's the first time I've actually used oil pastels. They are now my favorite medium to use. I think I did fairly well on this project. I used two characters from Fairly Oddparents which went along well with the theme. The theme was a parody to "The Scream". We had to either change the background with something that scared us or change the two characters in the front, Timmy and Vicki. The two characters in the front had to had some sort of rivalry. Timmy is scared of Vicki, and Vicki likes to torture Timmy. It didn't take me long at all to do this. I took it home, worked on it and finished it. I spent the most time on the green swirl in the middle representing a lake or pond of some sort, because I wanted to get the colors just right. I enjoyed this project very much, because I like cartoons and I like working with oil pastels.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture! The colors are that of the Scream (and they're done well!) and its Timmy Turner!

Anonymous said...

Tabitha, your recreation of "The Scream" is hilarious! Keep up the great work!

ajenkins

Anonymous said...

Tabitha, your recreation of "scream" has lots of humor and does the complete opposite of scareing others. timmy and vicki add the best humor the background colors give the picture a very calm and relaxing mood great work.

O'B