Friday, November 7, 2008

Environmental Linocuts in Art 2

Hey. My name is Tiana Caple. I'm in the 11th grade, Class of 2010. I did my Linoleum Block print on nature. We were supposed to do a piece of art that expresses a cause. The meaning to my painting is this: "If you keep the world clean, then you will notice how beautiful it is." At first, we drew our copy on a piece of paper, then we transferred it to the block. Then we carved out the white parts that we wanted to cut out. The hard part was cutting out the little lines around each shape. I thought i was going to kill myself. Luckily I didn't. The easiest part was rolling the black ink on the block and printing four copies on the paper. Doing this project was really cool!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing! I found pictures within the piece. Obviously, It were the "plants", but I also found a face and a full female body in the work. I am very impressed with the talent

Anonymous said...

The shapes look very creative. ;D

Anonymous said...

Linocuts are very difficult to do but you've made this technique look easy. I love the clean lines and the pattern. I envision this print on t-shirts, wallpaper, fabric for chairs or curtains, and countless other places. I love the black print (black is my favorite color) but I think an emerald green would fit perfectly with your environment concept.

Super job! ajenkins

Anonymous said...

I really like how this turned out. It looks like one of those fuzzy posters where you can color in the white spots... i love those things... anywho, this is one of those art pieces that i could stare at for a very long time and not get tired of it... Awesome job!!