Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Visual Journals in Art 2

Hey, I'm David Rollings. I love to draw- I have since I was little. Me and my older brother Allan are the only people in our family that draw. My grandmother was the one who really encouraged me to draw. She always said that if I kept drawing, I would get better and better. So I did, I've been drawing since i was in kindergarten. I used to be obsessed with drawing hands, but lately I've been trying to draw people and poses more. This was actually one of my visual journal entries. What we have to do each week is do three journal entries. This was one of my first entries. It's a picture of my friend Wendy. The picture says "playing roulette with a flower," which is a lyric from the song "There's No Penguins in Alaska" by Chiodos. Chiodos is my favorite band. The picture went right along with the song so I decided to draw it. I used standard graphite pencils to draw this. I usually don't like my artwork, but this one is one i actually like.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the depth you created with all the shades of grey and black. It was a good idea to branch out from what you were comfortable with and looks like your grama was right. Never stop drawing.

Suzan C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzan C. said...

Wow David, you worked hard on this entry! I am impressed!!!! And I just thought you were a smart kid! Who would have guessed you can draw too! (Had to remove my first post because I can't spell!)

Mr. Ragland said...

I'm proud of you, buddy. I can't wait to teach you in Art 3 next semester!

Anonymous said...

David! My favorite "pit crew" man! Great sketch. Look forward to seeing more of your stuff.

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful drawing. You ought to send it to the band that inspired your creative title. I bet they will love it too!

AWESOME!

ajenkins