Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Monochromatic Self-Portraits in Art 1

Hi, my name is Kayla Thackston. I'm in Mr. Davis' 1st period Art 1 class (and by the way, he's an awesome teacher - already one of my favorites.) This is my self portrait painting. It took me a day and a half to finish. The second morning, it was kinda hard to get the same shade of purple that I had started out with. To get a lighter color, I added white and to get a darker color, I added black. I chose purple because it's my favorite color and actually, it turned out a lot better than I thought it would - although it could have been better. (LOL) He had us start out learning how to mix the primary colors to get secondaries and intermediates, and I've never done that before. It turned out pretty good. This isn't one of my favorite pictures that I've done in here, but it was really fun.

No comments: