Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Expressive Colors and Brushstrokes in Art 2

Hey there! The name's Jaime Ferris. I created this work of art as a project in my Art 2 class. The goal was to make a painting explaining something that changed my life using specific colors and brush strokes to describe how I feel about it. I chose to paint about my growing ability to draw dragons. I started drawing dragons ofter my parents bought me a drawing book that explained how to add detail and how to make the dragons come to life. In my painting i used acrylic paint and then added shading with Prismacolor colored pencil over the top. Long smooth brush strokes helped to add to the mood of this painting. The pink and white swirls in the background stand for pure love that flows in harmony. The dragon is purple, which to me means passion. The burst of fire coming from the dragon's mouth represents excitement and joy. My favorite part about this painting though is how the dragon's eyes are always on you no matter where you are or how you turn the painting. Feel free to give any comments about my work!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dragons are cool creatures! Drawing them is not easy but looking at your painting makes it seem like anyone can do it. I don't know how you did it, but it even looks like the dragon is flying.

However, flying and blowing fire at the same time may not be a good idea...

ajenkins

Anonymous said...

This painting is amazing!! The pink and white in the background makes the dragon stick out, like its coming out of the painting! i could stare at it for hours and not get tired of it. This painting does show how passionate you are about dragons :) Awesome job!!!

Anonymous said...

That is a great painting. i knew you were talented but that is artist like. Good job on it! Your Florida Neighbors.