Friday, November 21, 2008

Mask Making in Ceramics

My name is Rebecca Sowers, and I'm in the 10th grade. I have Mrs. Cauble for Ceramics and she gave us the assignment for making masks. My first thought was '"Oh wow, Mrs. Cauble!" But it turns out that I had a lot of fun making mine. When I was finished, we all agreed that it looks like Mr. Smith (that's why I had him take the picture with it). Even though my clay had chunks of plaster and glaze in it, it turned out really cool. The nose blew off and there are little holes from where the plaster blew up inside the clay. I just think it makes it look that much more interesting :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, your picture is an accurate replica of your distinguished Assistant Principal. I should know, I'm a good friend from Florida and I've known Mr. Smith for 15 years. I see that you've discovered the awesome personality that allows him to connect with teenagers. He's one himself at heart. We just can't get him to grow up, and we don't want him to. Congratulations on a fine project!

Unknown said...

Rebecca, you certainly have an eye for detail...it looks just like him! :-). Seriously, good job and you cannot help but appreciate an administrator that is willing to have such a moment captured on film!

Anonymous said...

Great work! Mr. Smith is a great guy and I'm guessing he was quite flattered with the mask. You all make me wish I could take an art class...but I'm sorta stuck down in the Academy. Besides, I'd ask so many questions I'd get put out!

Anonymous said...

well thanks everyone :)

Anonymous said...

I think all of these people are being too nice to Mr. Smith...your mask is much better looking!


ajenkins