Thursday, November 6, 2008

Graphic Design and Tagging in IB Art

Hello, My name is Corey Chandler. I am a current
Senior at
Woodmont high school and I have been attending IB Art since my Junior year. Art is a major thing for me. I am looking to minor in Graphic Design at the college I will be attending. Art for me started in elementary school. I was always an advanced drawer and I made most kids drawings look really bad :). I recently found something that I really like to do, I'm not really sure what it is called. It kind of reminds me of Graphic Design because it looks like something that might be on a T-shirt or magazine. I started off with a picture that i took at home and edited on Photoshop. I used a filter to make the negative space in the picture to stand out. Once I did that, I printed the picture and went to work. I used acrylic paint to make the studio have a solid look and it made the picture of me look......good. :) Once I created the picture of me, I designed the background and the stencil of the hibiscus flowers. I think that this studio was one of the most successful pieces that I have done. I wanted to add more designs to this studio piece, but my space was very limited considering the size of this painting was 11"x 14". I have received numerous comments about this painting - not just by my classmates during the critiques, but by people in the halls, administrators, teachers, and many other people. My goal for this studio was to make it look tropical looking - maybe like a Hollister shirt. I think that I was successful because many people say that's exactly what it looks like. I think that I will continue to pursue Graphic Design and create many more pieces that will make people really look into my piece to get the main concept of the artwork.

1 comment:

Suzan C. said...

Corey, what am I going to do without you guys next year? This is my favorite piece so far. I know how hard you have worked this year. Keep it up!!!